(3018-02-02) Want a New Drug
Summary: A group of phenoms and an adroit are sent to a refugee camp to assess the situation. A researcher has gone missing, accidentally placed in the camp during the evacuation of the Science Center during the storms. Rather than risk full conflict with local thugs in the camp, students are sent in to hopefully locate the scientist with their abilities.
Date: 3018-02-02
brienna davor harper sunny 

Again the call reaches out to several students through their OED's, report to Ready Room Locus. For some, just as before, Admiral Bennett is there. As well, in a rich, dark gown, Circe hovers near the front watching the proceedings here. A cough as the students gather, or a grumble, from the Admiral. "Welcome again, suffice it to say, I think we understand the nature of this summons." Not training. The admiral folds two hands behind his back and paces. Its not rapid, or nervous, its a slow move of his booted feet over the hard floor of the Locus room on Aristarchus Station. He looks down as if picking a spot for each foot, then up at the students as he addresses them now. "The storms are passing at Lexellfield, reports that the city is occupied and Bodeton is ready to fall as well is where we stand. Dr. McPhearson insists he needs a colleague who has vital specimens and data for the continued research on the Curse." A pause, he turns to the opposite wall, still in front of the room, letting that premise settle in. "He was taken from the city by Army forces, in conjunction with Planetary Defenses, to the evacuation camps at Summatos. We are uncertain of his whereabouts within the camp and we think it prudent to send in students capable of assessing the situation and potentially locating Dr. Domale Tomsen." Another turn, but not to pace again, Admiral Bennett turns to face the group, opening it for questions or clarifications it seems. Once done, they will be escorted to a ship and taken to the Capital of the Caelus system on Oberon.

*

Summoned, again, Sunny shows up carrying his gear and listens to the briefing as it is laid out, moving in to look at the displays as they spin up out of the table showing holographic maps of the building in question, the storm as it is mentioned and evacuation camps. "Doctor McPhearson again," he says aloud to the others, as if this means something to him. Studying the imagery, he collects a copy to his personal device and inquires, "Admiral, sir, do we have anything of his? A genetic sample? Something to sniff him out with, or are we just going to be doing this the old fashioned way and asking around?" As he talks, he starts to pull on his body armor over his bodyglove, and immediately straps his sword around his waist. Standing there, talking to the admiral and the others, he is keeping his eyes on the map.

*

Harper is amongst those students selected for the mission this time around, and she sits listening quietly as Admiral Bennett lays the details of the situation before them. Her dark hair pulled back into the neat practicality of a ponytail, she makes notes on her tablet as he speaks, recording accurately what's being said so that she can scrutinize it during the trip to Oberon. She pauses when Sunny asks his question, though shows no surprise at the content of his question, waiting for whatever the response will be to that, before asking one of her own. "Are we expecting an incursion by hostile forces at the evacuation camp?" Her brows beetle a little with the question, though given their instructions it's obvious that the thought must be there.

*

Brienne is also one of those chosen this time and although the station where the briefing is taking place is no stranger to her, this is not exactly where she attends school. "Oberon." The location they are going catches her attention before anything else can. "Home." Straightening just a little, she looks between the others summoned, a nod to Sunny, she'd met him once, a smile to Harper, recognizing her somewhat as the smart girl with the glasses. Her own thoughts drift a little, back to Oberon, but moreso to Summatos. "Have the labs in Summatos been evacuated as of yet?" It has zero to do with the current mission, but she needed to know.

*

The Admiral looks over to Sunny and pauses, "I defer to Lady Circe here." He lifts a hand and steps back to the wall and gives her the floor a moment.
Circe looks up more with curiousity and comes out of the wall, so to speak, or the location she chose to remain silent. She floats, in a manner of metaphor, to the front of the group; or perhaps it was real, one is certainly left guessing at the curiousity of her fluidity of motion. "If you feel a genetic sample could help your abilities, Dr. McPhearson could certainly be asked. You may use your abilities." She looks between phenoms and the one adroits present, encompassing them all, "Or you may question, we leave this to you." As if that was as much as she would explain, she retires back to give the floor to the Admiral, though her eyes remain curiously on the group, as if always studying the students.
A grumble from the Admiral, he takes the floor again, his hands in front of him this time, coming up to fold on his chest. "We do not expect a hostile incursion, but we are not fully aware of the enternal .. politics of the camp. We cannot locate him by OED within the confines." A pause, he elucidates, "Several groups have managed to establish themselves in the trade of contraband within the camp." No telling what that contraband is though, he doesn't answer but turns to Brienna's question next, "Not yet, but if storms rise between Bodeton and Summatos, we may consider an evacuation." A pause, he's read the files, "Your mother is still busy at work there."

*

Listening to their explanations, Sunny listens to the explanations and glances after Lady Circe. Only repeated exposure to the Lady had given him any sort of immunity to her charms, but he still can't help but glance at her when she moves around and he sighs a little before catching himself and does his best to look attentive. "Not very helpful," he says aside to Harper when the Lady basically says, 'figure it out' and doesn't actually give them anything. The only new information they get from the admiral is about the groups trading in contraband. His eyes narrow a little, but he doesn't ask anything about that. That's not why they are here. "I'm ready to get en route, if the others are," he says. He can't think of any other questions. He lacks the experience to have lots of pertinent questions.

*

Harper nods to the further information that's given, and makes a few more notes before tucking her tablet away. "If we locate Dr. Tomsen, are we extricating him?" Because that point was clarified. "Or just reporting back that he is safe…" Her voice tails off as she tightens the fittings on her body armour, though a look is afforded Brienna's way when the Admiral makes mention of her mother. "I'm sure she'll be safe," she says quietly to the other girl, her words accompanied by the quickness of a smile as they make preparations to head for the ship. Not that she speaks with any authority on the matter, she speaks with a simple compassion for her fellow student's situation.

*

An exhale of relief that her mother was still alive and well and it brings a small smile she can't help but to share with the others, mostly Harper, at the reassurance offered about her mother. It was just what she needed to be able to completely focus on the mission at hand. Circe gets an openly evaluating and curious look as Brienna clasps her hands behind her back in the 'at ease' stance. "Contraband." That was something unexpected and she gives Davor, Sunny and Harper a glance. Maybe one of the three had heard something? A brow arches. "So we make our way into the camp, find the missing person, Dr. Tomsen and find out what the contraband is? Then we report back to you through our devices or do we return the good Doctor personally first to find out what to do next?" There is no question of failure but there is a grin as she realizes she just repeated exactly what Harper had asked too. A nod in agreement to Sunny's statement. "I am ready to get en route also."

*

Circe has no comment on helpfulness, it was only side mouthed to Harper, but at least she offered something. Less cryptic then she is in classes most likely.
The Admiral nods and listens, looking to Harper. "Extricate him, he is integral to Dr. McPhearsen's research as a collaborator. This has been relayed to sentry points at the camp, but he's not come forward since the tangle of him entering." An oversight by teams, but in an evacuation from one city to the next, those details are easily lost in oversight. He gives a few steps of a pace, chewing on Harper's question next. "Find the status of Dr. Tomsen, relay that back, if he is able and willing to accompany bring him." A pause, "Not to leave this room, the contraband includes various leisure drugs, alcohols, stimulants. Anything to give addicts in the camp that allows the groups to positions themselves above the other residents of the camp." Its clear, he's delicately trying not to say there are resource gangs in the camp, not directly at least.

*

Once in order, the group is taken to a hanger, after a short stop near a spacious lab set aside for Dr. McPhearson and group aboard he Aristarchus. Likewise the several hours trip from Saturn system to Caelus system has the group taken readily to Summatos. Despite war on the planet itself, the city remains a marvel, untouched by the Curse. The land at Plantery Defense Base Coltus, a tower in the city itself. A group of soldiers with Planetary Defense lead the group towards the camps, they can answer questions along the way, but point out the local channel the studens can access on their OED to patch directly into their network. He does offer as they near the camp, "Threshers roam the west side, sometimes use intimidation to control the locals. Hammer Syndicate is centrally located, they do squable over resources." Gang warfare is more a thing of the past, but the heightened living conditions of the camp seem to have revived the mentality readily enough.

*

Jack says, "Indeed :)"

*

Taking the hair sample, Sunny spends a bit of time with it while they fly, feeling the connection between the sample and the person it belongs to, though he can't really feel it yet, he is acquainting himself with the sample and the magic he think he'll need. "Davor, we'll want you to be keeping your drone over head while we travel, I think we can probably fight most gang type guys one on one, but if they get numbers around us, we'll need to know," he says when he starts hearing a bit more about the gangs, and makes a few notes on the copy of the map he keeps on his OED. As they walk along with the group of soldiers from planetary defense, he wonders what they think of the group of teenagers they are leading around. "What have you heard about us?" he asks of the leader of the PDF soldiers.

*

The journey isn't an unfamiliar one and Brienna just spends most of her time on her OED either listening to music, silently prepping for the trip, or making quiet conversation with anyone agreeable to doing so. The question voiced by Sunny has her quirking a brow in his direction, amusement playing over her features. She doesn't input much into the sample, just a rake of her gaze over it, and just patiently waiting for their arrival.

*

"Under foot?" Ponder Davor to Sunny, making sure to get his drone out and ready before they get there. "I can sense enough to get a good idea of what's around," he says at least. His drone is on wheels, something to do with his abilities specifically related to Earth most likely. But he will keep an eye surrounding them just the same it seems.
The soldier looks at them as they walk, considering, "Rumor is a couple of you took out a Curseling pretty quickly. That's good in our books. Gonna turn the tides eventually. Don't know how soon until we start getting more of you out here, but hopefully before Oberon falls." He's not too optimistic about the war efforts it seems. He indicates the fencing up ahead, "There's your camp, we can get you out quickly at any sentry point, just voice ahead. Easier that we know your coming, for morale." Not eveyrone gets to leave the camp it seems, not so easily.

*

Sunny looks at Davor and his drone and says, "I thought you could make it fly?" he questions, and then, looking a bit perplexed, shrugs at himself and goes back to trying to think of anything else they might do before they head off. "Do you guys have any indication of where the doctor might have ended up? Or are we going in completely blind?" he asks of the soldiers, wondering if they had any intel with which to work, or if he was going to have to do this the hard way. Lifting up the hair, he focuses on it, and then hands over a bit of it to the others, in case they can wrangle anything out of it, he also shows everyone a picture of the doctor off his OED again, just in case they'd forgotten. Opening his senses, he focuses on the connection between the hair and its owner, through the blood. DNA, as well as the more metaphysical connection. He'd never done anything like this before, but it seems possible.
Maybe something seeming possible is what he needs to make it work. Just the belief that it might.

*

- Sunny rolls his Investigation (3D+2) for a total of 14 (Wild Die: 3), perhaps enough for a Moderate task.

*

- Sunny rolls his Sense (2D+0) for a total of 6 (Wild Die: 3), perhaps enough for a Easy task.

*

Taking a portion of the hair, Brienna does something a little different with it. Instead of blood, she goes more for water, trying to find like sources within the camp, or something that calls to be reunited with the part in her hand. There's no mention on what Davor can do with his drone but she flicks her gaze over to him then Sunny at the mention of it flying. Water was her thing, she concentrates on it, and she looks to be in strictly business mode currently.

*

A shake of Davor's head, its not so much about flying or not, as it is his perception abilities tied to his element. "I could use one that flies, but wheeled is better for me." Without getting into the details. The soldier nods, "I don't know what he brought in with him, but my guess is if it was valuable, that he's with the Syndicate. They're more organized, they operate out of Gregov's." He points to something on a map, if a student has a dispaly up, otherwise he pulls it up on his OED to point it out, near the middle that building. "Sort of like a club," or bar. While the exit fence hall makes a few turns, thers is a well guarded fence gate with a few doors under one of the towers directly. He leads them there, he also points in the direction of Gregov's to set them in the right way. "Look, there's a guy named Hal works with the Syndicate, he might know something, he's been known to give info. He's usualloy around the club there." A lead given. He waits to let them in, seeing if they need more from him.

*

- Brienna rolls her Sense (1D+1) for a total of 5 (Wild Die: 4), perhaps enough for a Very Easy task.

*

"Last question, is there anything they use to um.. what's the word, barter? If they're resource hoarding, is there something we could use to get information if someone is reluctant?" Sunny asks of the soldier, and takes the lead at face value, collecting the data over onto his own OED map, updating it and adding the blip for 'Gregov's' as well as remembering the name 'Hal.' He checks over his gear one last time, and then thinks a second, looking to Brie, "We're going to stick out like sore thumbs in our gear, but I think it's better to stick out than have them all thinking we're easy pickings." Finding his gear where he left it, he nods to himself and looks to the soldier, "If there's nothing else, we'll take what we have and make it work. Thank you for your assistance," he says to the PDF soldier.

*

"Leisure allowances," he says as he moves to open the gate and signal to let them pass to the other points along that short tunnel. "Citizen's are still receiving normal allotments, they are collect it. We suspect for off world purposes." Meaning they are staying in the camp on purpose, not trying to join the evacuation process. "Hate to say it, some trade with the guards as well. That and food, crazy what some people are willing to give up." For their addictions, he shakes his head with the thought. "Good luck, just call when you need us." Davor will go with them, but stay behind and send the drone up ahead, looking around for potential hostile figures as best he can.

*

"I could give up some. I don't have much because I have plans." Brienna doesn't exactly say what plans she has, but then just shrugs, "My plans can wait, this is more vital." Willing to take one for the team should it become necessary. With the opening of the gate, she offers a salute back towards the guy. She can properly execute one too! "We'll be in touch." she reassures.

*

"Leisure allowances," he says as he moves to open the gate and signal to let them pass to the other points along that short tunnel. "Citizen's are still receiving normal allotments, they are collect it. We suspect for off world purposes." Meaning they are staying in the camp on purpose, not trying to join the evacuation process. "Hate to say it, some trade with the guards as well. That and food, crazy what some people are willing to give up." For their addictions, he shakes his head with the thought. "Good luck, just call when you need us." Davor will go with them, but stay behind and send the drone up ahead, looking around for potential hostile figures as best he can. The soldier grins at the girl, but salutes back the same. "Only if you need to, let us know, we can probably get you some." On the leisure, like they could pay some back. The know the importance of finding that guy too it seems.

*

- Sunny rolls his Transform (2D+1) for a total of 5 (Wild Die: 2), perhaps enough for a Very Easy task.

*

A nod to Brie, and Sunny leads the way, heading straight for the one point of contact they've been given. "Eyes open," he suggests, and augments his senses as he walks, though he is also relying on Davor in this case, to help them keep from being ambushed. Though maybe he was a bit too paranoid about that. "Am I being paranoid?" he asks of Brie as they walk, his hands occasionally raising as he feels others out there. "I feel like they sent /us/ because it's dangerous, but from what I've been hearing, this doesn't seem too dangerous, like, why phenoms?" he asks of her.

*

"Safety first." Brienna tells him softly. "I'm thinking it never hurts to be some paranoid when it comes to things like this." As for why the phenoms, she gives him a touch of a smile. "Maybe Phenoms to try and draw out our powers? They already know the capabilities of the Adroits and they're trying to get us to use ours to our full extent?" It's a thought and one that brings an apologetic look to Davor, because she certainly isn't discounting his powers either.

*

- Davor rolls his Perception (4D+0) with a modifier of +1 for a total of 18 (Wild Die: 5), perhaps enough for a Difficult task.

*

Davor follows as they head for the club to look for that contact. A shake of his head to Brie, no offense taken by the gesture alone. "That thing you did when you found the Curseling on the ship, located it, maybe that's why. They can't find the guy, its a last ditch effort?" His thoughts on it at least. His drone goes up ahead, then he reports, "Ah, those contraband guys, are armed … heavily." That's Davor's words for it at least. "The guards at the door have body armor and rifles it looks like." He just passes it along, doing his drone duty.

*

Walking towards the place, Sunny looks to the others and nods his head once they are a distance away and can see the guards and has them stop while he takes a moment to take a precaution or two. He makes two small gestures, and focuses for a moment, working to disable their weapons, but regardless of the outcome, he continues forward. Approaching the 'guards' he seems to be intent on just walking in like he belongs, waiting for them to tell him he doesn't. As he walks, he nods back at Davor, "I guess that could be it. That's what I get. Now I'm the human blood hound."

*

- Sunny rolls his Transform (2D+1) for a total of 25 (Wild Die: 22), perhaps enough for a Very Difficult task.

*

- Sunny rolls 2D (2 WD 1) for a total of 2.

*

- Sunny rolls 2D (5 WD 2) for a total of 5.

*

- Jack rolls 2D (8 WD 3) for a total of 8.

*

- Jack rolls 2D (11 WD 7) for a total of 11.

*

- Sunny rolls his Transform (2D+1) for a total of 9 (Wild Die: 4), perhaps enough for a Easy task.

*

- Sunny rolls his Sense (2D+0) for a total of 3 (Wild Die: 1), perhaps enough for a Very Easy task.

*

"Of course they are armed." Brienna only has a firearm to use too, other than her phenom powers she's still learning to access. As they approach she looks back to Davor but mostly remains silent for her part. She's a little too focused on the task at hand and not on the doormen. For now, she doesn't try anything magical, but she does look to have Sunny's back should something go down.

*

As they prepare a little in advance for what may be up in that club, Davor holds back and sends his drone to scout more around the building. "Just the guards in front too, but I don't see a rear exit so much as just adjacent buildings." Buildings said lightly because its more cargo shipping crate like structures truth be told. "No other guards." On other doors at least. He does pause to look at Sunny, "You know, whether we get him blood hound, or end up in a brawl with thugs, if we get him out, they'll still think its mystical or something." The task they couldn't do.

*

- Sunny rolls his Sense (2D+0) for a total of 8 (Wild Die: 5), perhaps enough for a Easy task.

*

- Sunny rolls his Sense (2D+0) for a total of 6 (Wild Die: 1), perhaps enough for a Easy task.

*

- Sunny rolls his Transform (2D+1) for a total of 5 (Wild Die: 2), perhaps enough for a Very Easy task.

*

"Or we'll be dead," Sunny replies to Davor flatly, and then breaks into a smile and gives a thumbs up. Walking on towards the doors, he looks at the guards. He isn't getting a sense for the guy from outside, and he shrugs at Brie, who he can only assume is trying the same thing. So he just walks towards the guards, not putting his hands on his weapons, but not exactly acting like he intends to let them take them either.

*

"

*

"Hopefully it doesn't come to that," returns Davor about being dead. That is a possibility too, especially now with armed guards in the camp.
As the group moves forward, Sunny in the lead, the guard on the right holds up his weapon a little, not quite pointing it at Sunny or the group, but the same sort of gesture. Its there if it comes to that. "What you need there?" He asks point blank in a manner, the news did travel, no telling if the guards are regulars or stationed here knowing the group was in the compound. One hand on the grip of his rifle, the other hand lifts to tap at his ear, as if he also has a feed from elsewhere too.

*

"We're looking for someone," Sunny replies and taps his OED, bringing up the picture and shows it over to the guards. He hasn't ever had to deal with something like this before, not exactly, but he knows they've never had to deal with someone like him and Brie and Davor before, either. He looks at the guards expectantly, not wanting to resort to threats or payoffs immediately.

*

The guard looks, turns his head enough, he looks at the display. "Yeah, him. Boss has him." He states it simply enough, "As soon as he gives the boss what he wants, he's free to go. Working on it now." It is a cryptic start, but one important question answered, these guys know directly where to find the doctor it seems. He looks at his companion to see if the other one is going to throw in some words, but the other guard doesn't, she remains quiet.

*

"Fair enough, what does your boss want? Is this some sort of lab solution, or are we talking about information? I need the doctor," Sunny explains to the guards and looks between them, waiting to see what they have to say on the subject. His eyes narrowing slightly, but overall, he's content to discuss the subject. "Can we speak to your boss?" he asks.

*

- Sunny rolls his Persuasion (3D+0) with a modifier of 1D for a total of 28 (Wild Die: 16), perhaps enough for a Heroic task.

*

Brienna listens to the exchange more than she looks like she is, but the cryptic return has her arching her brows and opening her mouth to speak. Decidedly, she closes it right back, not sure what Sunny had in mind, so she falls silent to follow his lead and see what he would like for her to do.

*

"Lab solution, he got in some Curseling specimens," returns the guard, not quite saying why the Syndicate wants it. "Tell you what kid, wait here, we'll have him come meet you?"
Davor gives a pause from surveiling, nodding to the other two students, as if affirming something but not saying in front of the guard. Just tossing in he's good with seeing how this meeting goes in this location most likely.

*

"Oh, you don't say?" Sunny replies and nods his head. They'd need to pass all of this off to the PDF and whoever else, but for the moment the mission comes first. He stands there and nods his head a little, "Yeah, that'd be great," he says when the offer to have the boss come meet them is offered.

*

Brienna finds an interest in the specimens and at allowing the man out. What was inside though that they didn't want seen? Inquiring minds and all. She tries to get a look past the guards if or when the door opens, but she seems affable enough for now.

*

Stepping aside the open the door, any number of tables to choose from. There is indeed some sort of dancing in the back, so the club term applies. Davor simply informs once inside, "He's already coming, with a few more guards." Maybe that's what his nod was about.
It doesn't take long, one man comes in. With dirty long hair (color, not dirt filled), pulled back and a patch over one eye. He looks around and spots the students. "So, you're after my scientest are you," he asks, a slight grin to his voice, giving it a melodic sort of quality. The sort of melody that holds a snake, clearly he's not that nice or friendly, but he chooses that approach as he comes to the Students table in his club.

*

"Yes, we're here for the scientist," Sunny confirms and glances at the other guards. He didn't like their odds with these numbers, and that the scientist isn't in the building makes him think that there must be some sort of secondary site. Their escort had indicated that their assets were centrally located, so probably not too far from here. He isn't sure what the 'boss' here is going to ask for, or demand, or tell them, so he just lets things play out. Attentive.

*

The man nods his head. "See, this is the impasse right now. He just needs to grow a little of the specimens he brought for us. Once he gets it jump started, he can go. He's using what we have, we just need a little more hydrogen." He explains it pretty readily to the students. "They're not saying, but it gives a good high to some of the addicts. Curseling byproduct. Not quiet the fear they breath, but its a trip. Sometimes the kids here," evacuees in this context, "Try to get Curseling bits off planet, morbid fascination. We make a little off what we find, your military doesn't mind us pocketing that, stops the Curse from getting to another planet." More info, as if to help understand another element of thriving gangs here of all places.

*

Under no compunctions of acting all completely innocent, Brienna nonchalantly crosses her arms in front of her and after activating the camera of her OED, she sets it to recording before dropping her arms again, opting to save this just for good measure. And just in time too.

*

- Sunny rolls his Perception (3D+0) for a total of 12 (Wild Die: 5), perhaps enough for a Moderate task.

*

- Brienna rolls her Sleight of Hand (3D+0) with a modifier of +2 for a total of 12 (Wild Die: 1), perhaps enough for a Moderate task.

*

The gesture to activate the camera is unnoticed by the man.

*

Sunny listens to the man explain everything and inwardly is shaking his head. This had to be stopped, but they were hardly equipped to fight all of these people, not even if his ability to augment himself were actually behaving like it did in practice would be feel safe fighting here, "I see, well, if the specimen starts to grow again, you are aware you're going to end up with another curseling, right? That's how they spread," he mentions, and watches to see if the man understands.
Taking a breath, he thinks for a moment.
"What can I call you?" he asks.

*

So now it's at least being recorded, voice and as good on the images as she can get. Brienna can't quite get the command in yet to transmit it over for live watching, but as long as the OED remains unscathed the footing will be there. There's a flinch at the prospect of what exactly they are doing. It's not good, none of it.

*

IN that same friendly gesture, while not really seeming friendly, the man grins. Shifting in his seat, he looks between the three students for the moment. "Blake, you can call me Blake. As for it growing, I'm sure we could contain it. We just won't let it grow to full size." Though, that leaves the question of how could they contain it. But he nods some understanding at least, leaning onto the table, he puts an elbow down, and leans head in towards the raised hand. Allowing a thumb to scruff at his chin. If his scrabble was any longer, it make that scratching whisker sort of noise. He is unaware of the recording at the moment.

*

"Blake, you're just here getting while the getting is good, but even you must realize that this is not a permanent situation," Sunny begins and looks over towards Brie and Davor, hoping he is making the right call. "This is one of those moments, a moment where you're going to either continue as you are, or make the right call, and hand our asset over. You hand him over, we go on our way, and I imagine you'll be left to your own devices for the time being. Impermanent as things may be, you can maintain your status quo, and slip by. The thing is, Blake, they want him bad, and your continued presence is only going to sit with them as long as you don't say no, when we come asking," he says.

*

"Honestly, we don't have a whole lot of time. Is there anything we can do to get him back sooner. Like, right now? Obviously, he's already left the seeds of his research and others can follow it or you wouldn't be willing to let him go at all." Brienna puts on a smile that is supposed to hold warmth and be guileless. It's what she is aiming for anyway. "It's just cutting off a little time, right? What could it hurt?"

*

Blake turns over those thoughts, one that eventually the students with their abilities and/or the military with brute strength, might just come in to get the scientist. They may not be willing to risk chaos yet, if there is fitting in the refugee camp itself, but they could pass the point that doesn't matter. Then Brienna reasons too, they did have others, they may be missing pieces of the process. That hand leaves his chin, then slaps the table and he laughs. But who knows if its real or forced, still its a good laugh. "You all are amusing." Hand comes up, he snaps it into a fist, leaving index out to point. Sort of a shaking point, "You're both right, actually sounds like the getting might be good soon too. Summatos may be next. Tell you what, radio in to your folks, see if they can get us some hydrogen, we'd make a small exchange for that." That could be one ingredient they need to finish anyway.

*

"Sure, in the meantime, you'll have the scientist brought here?" Sunny inquires and starts tapping on his OED. He sends a coded signal requesting a cannister of hydrogen but with the added bonus of a traceable but minute amount of some isotope. No actual tracking devices, just something they or the PDF would be able to follow, once they have the scientist out of harm's way.

*

When Sunny lifts his OED, Brienna does the same under the guise of sending off the same request, but she opts to stream the video live to the leaders of this mission, as well as what is recorded already. "We should hear back about the hydrogen soon." Seeing it as their side is done, she looks expectantly to the guard. "And the scientist?"

*

He nods, "Well, wee, there we go." That grin remains, but faulters as he looks to someone at a nearby table. Giving that person a serious nod. A man, who gets up and goes outside. "He'll be on his way here," as the smile returns. "No injuries, no foul play." Mostly no foul play. "You kids need anything to drink?" He off handed offers, or they can sit in silence until the exchange.

*

"No, thanks though," Sunny replies and looks to Brie. "We'll go and get your hydrogen, I assume you want it here, not somewhere else?" he asks of Blake and starts to rise to his feet, his hands on his legs as he presses himself to his feet. "I don't know this place well enough to recommend a place to trade, even here works, as far as I'm concerned, but we'll need to get it," he adds.

*

One or all the students make off to get the hydrogen, an element added for tracking so the military at least knows where the lab is currently. All aware of the potential, once the cells of the deceased Curselings are 'ignited' so to speak, it runs the risk of spreading the Curse. The hydrogen is exchanged for the scientest. Quiet, uneasy, or just indifferent. Its straight forward. Blake does the faux friendly bit and thanks them, wishing them luck. And they return to outside the fence, as if coming back from a different world. Questions may be exchanged, information on the guards and location that the military doesn't know. Sort of a debriefing. Casual, a psychologist on hand this time, from Summatos, boarding the ship back to Aristarchus, in case needed. Back to Locus Room, where Circe is. She'll wait for Adroits and military to be gone, until its her and the Phenoms, perhaps back on the way to Avalon or Salian City at least. "They were insistent on students. We only agreed hoping we could learn something from this situation." As in, the Society may have their own debriefing related to the drug or the regrowth process of the Curselings, they may have known something of the drug and what has been going on.

*

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License